Friday, June 5, 2009

Supporting a Cause

Anyone can be a marijuana advocate, it's simple and there are countless ways to support the cause. A high school junior, with a 3.7 gpa, was willing to light a joint during a class presentation to voice his opinion. It takes some guts, but it is as simple as voicing your opinion. I have always been a big fan of the outspoken Megan Fox, and reading this quote she gave in an interview with Britain's GQ magazine, only cemented her status in my book.

I can't tell you how much bull**** I've been through because I will openly say that I smoke weed. People look at it like it's this crazy, hippy, f*****-up thing to do. And it's not. I hope they legalize it.

And when they do, I'll be the first person in line to buy my pack of joints.


Marijuana policy reform appears inevitable when considering age use trends, older generations with little to no experience using marijuana should be expected to have a negative stance regarding marijuana. Congress will be interesting to follow as younger politicians get elected, and baby boomers become the elders holding office.

Marijuana supporters and users are becoming more visible at a rapid rate. I love Andrew Sullivan's "Cannabis Closet" posts, composed of brief biographies submitted by readers sharing their experience with marijuana. A stay at home mom battling insomnia shares her dilemma while pondering the right decision about smoking marijuana.

I have tried prescription sleep aids, they make it impossible to wake up if my daughter cries. The over-the-counter ones work, but they leave me drugged and hungover the next morning. Sedatives work, but it bothers me that they can be physically addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment